IPL 2021 – Viewership Falls for IPL 2021: The fall in ratings for the Indian Premier League is getting scary with each passing week. The league season has finished with Chennai Super Kings lifting the trophy beating Kolkata Knight Riders. As per the BARC Ratings chart for week prior the PLAYOFF matches – for 3rd consecutive week (Week 40 2nd Oct to 8th Oct), IPL 2021 witnessed downtrend in rating charts.
Viewership Falls for IPL 2021: Once again Star Sports 1 Hindi stayed at No. 3 on top channels list trailing SunTV which is No. 1 across the genres & Star Plus. As reported earlier, such a trend has never been witnessed on the rating charts when during the IPL Weeks some other channels overtake SPORTS GENRE.
Meanwhile the good news is that though ratings are seeing the downtrend, advertising volumes have grown for IPL 2021.
IPL 2021: Bad news for BCCI & IPL Broadcaster, IPL ratings down by 15-20%…
IPL 2021 Phase 2 Ratings down by 15-20%, check details of RATINGS FALL till WEEK 39 of BARC Ratings
- As per data sourced by ET, average match ratings for the latest week i.e Week 39 is lower than even 2019 levels.
- Average reach and time spent per viewer (TSV) during the week on IPL have also dropped by over 15%, while the average reach for the last week matches (matches 36-45) was down to 72.4 million, compared to 82.4 million in the previous week and significantly lower than 104.8 million in the first leg (first 29 matches).
- Week 39 ratings dropped to 2.6 TVR, which has pulled down the entire event average to 3.8 TVR in the core TG (target group) of male 15+ audiences.
IPL 2021: BARC ratings continue to fall for IPL 2021 in Week 40, advertising volume grows
The Advertising volume numbers releassed by TAM Sports indicate that this year too IPL has done reasonably well for the broadcaster.
- As per the TAM Sports-IPL 14 Advertising Report based on IPL 13 and IPL 14, the advertising volumes on TV in the 51 matches of IPL 14 grew by 6% compared to
- The tally of advertisers grew by 10%, but the count of brands decreased by 2% in IPL 14 compared to IPL 13.
- This year IPL saw over 225 brands which are slightly low as compared to IPL 13.
- The TAM Report reveals that ecom-education was on the top category in IPL 14, while in IPL 13, Cellular Phones-Smart Phones led the list.
IPL Ratings Fall: After the completion of the 1st Week of Phase (i.e Week 38th), the official broadcasters & BCCI via a official release declared that the IPL 2021 is on track to deliver 400 million viewers’ mark on TV, for the fourth year in a row. The broadcaster had claimed that IPL 14 so far has garnered 380 million viewers until match 35 which is 12 million higher than IPL 2020 at the same stage.
The broadcaster had further claimed that TV viewer aggregation is in fact higher than the last three editions of the tournament, since 2018. The consumption for VIVO IPL 2021 including Star Sports’ pre-match programming stands at 242 billion minutes. The broadcaster added that in the second phase of IPL 2021 viewer engagement levels were an average of 32 percent on a per match basis which is at par with IPL 2020.