T20 World Cup – PAK vs AUS Live Semi-final 2: Pakistan’s batting consultant Mathew Hayden has warned Aaron Finch’s side to beware of Pakistan’s pace sensation Shaheen Shah Afridi in the semi-final 2 on November 2 in Dubai. Speaking at a virtual press conference, Mathew Hayden said that the left-arm pacer has the ability to destroy any team’s batting line-up. Shaheen Shah Afridi is currently in red hot form and stunned everyone with his new-ball bowling prowess in the opening fixture against arch-rivals India. Follow InsideSport.in for more T20 World Cup live updates.
PAK vs AUS LIVE: Pakistan coach Mathew Hayden warns Australia of in-form Shaheen Afridi ahead of the semi-final clash
Also read: T20 World Cup: Matthew Hayden can’t get over Shaheen Afridi’s delivery to dismiss KL Rahul, says “It is one of the best balls I’ve seen”
Pakistan’s left-arm pace sensation, Shaheen Shah Afridi stunned everyone by dismissing India’s Rohit Sharma and KL Rahul in back-to-back overs. Like everyone else, former Australian opener and now Pakistan team’s batting consultant Matthew Hayden too was impressed by the young bowler and said that the delivery that bamboozled KL Rahul was impressive.
- Shaheen Shah Afridi has picked up 6 wickets in 5 games played so far
- He has an impressive economy of 6.70 and has also bowled a maiden over
- Shaheen accounted for three prized scalps of Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul & Virat Kohli in the opening game clash against India
- Shaheen Shah Afridi dismissed India Rohit Sharma for a golden duck in the first over of the innings
- He removed KL Rahul in his second over and reduced India to 6-2 in the opening game
- Barring the clash against Namibia, Shaheen Afridi has picked a wicket in each of his outings in the Super 12
Also read ICC T20I Rankings: KL Rahul back in Top 5, Virat Kohli slips four places as Babar Azam extends lead at the top
Mathew Hayden further heaped praise on Pakistan’s national side and said that they can take on any side in the world. Hayden says, “The Pakistan cricket team can play good cricket against any team in the world.”
However, Hayden – who has played for the Australian cricket team for two decades – also said that Pakistan needs not be complacent as Australia is not an easy opponent.
Both Pakistan and Australia will be vying for a spot in the finals when they take on the field on November 11 at Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai in the semi-final 2.
For more T20 WORLD CUP live updates, follow us at Insidesport.in