IPL 2022: LSG DC in a fix – Australia have announced the squad for the limited-overs series against Pakistan on Tuesday (February 22). David Warner, Pat Cummins, Josh Hazlewood, Mitchell Starc, and Glenn Maxwell have been rested. However, Cricket Australia (CA) are not releasing its players to join the early stages of the Indian Premier League (IPL), which is likely to begin on March 26 – Follow IPL 2022 LIVE Updates with InsideSport.IN
This news has come as a huge blow for few IPL teams. Lucknow Super Giants (LSG), Delhi Capitals (DC), Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) all will now have to start their IPL campagin without top Australian cricketers.
IPL 2022: IPL teams ‘EXTREMELY UPSET’ with Cricket Australia’s stand of not allowing Cummins, Warner & others…
IPL 2022 Start Date: BCCI set to GREEN-SIGNAL March 26 start, tournament to be held in Mumbai…
IPL 2022: Lucknow Super Giants, Delhi Capitals suffer big blows after Australia announce squad for Pakistan series, Mumbai gain advantage – check why
Australian Cricketers IPL 2022 – Which teams suffer the most? DC & RCB will suffer the most among all the IPL teams with contracted Australian cricketers.
Delhi Capitans has both Mitchell Marsh and David Warner in their line up. Both were sureshot starters in playing XI. But now Ricky Ponting coached & Rishabh Pant led team will have to strategize accordingly.
RCB is also in the same boat. Glenn Maxwell & Jason Behrendorff both will now be only available after 6th April.
Meanwhile, LSG have all-rounder Marcus Stoinis in the team. The all-rounder is one of the vital players in alongside Kl Rahul and Ravi Bishnoi.
IPL 2022: Mumbai Indians biggest beneficiary among 10 franchises
The biggest gainer is Mumbai Indians (MI) as they have Australian players available from game one of the IPL.
Australian players IPL 2022:
- Available from game 1 – Tim David, Sams, Meredith, Coulter-Nile, Wade
- Available from 6th April – Maxwell, Warner, Cummins, Hazlewood
- Available after mandatory quarantine – Stoinis, Marsh, Abbott, Behrendorff, and Nathan Ellis.
- Mandatory quarantine is for 5 days. Ends on April 11
Meanwhile, the CA selectors have tried to give senior players rest as they want to test their depth in the white-ball formats. The matches against Pakistan will give Australia a fair idea about a few young players Cameron Green and Nathan Ellis.
List of Australian Cricketers IPL 2022
- Pat Cummins – Kolkata Knight Riders for 7.25 Crore
- Mitchell Marsh to Delhi Capitals for 6.50cr
- David Warner to Delhi Capitals 6.25
- Daniel Sams to Mumbai Indians 2.6cr
- Matthew Wade to Gujarat Lions 2.4cr
- Sean Abbott to Sunrisers Hyderabad 2.4cr
- Nathan Coulter-Nile to Rajasthan Royals 2cr
- Riley Meredith to Mumbai Indians 1cr
- Nathan Ellis to Punjab Kings 75 lakh
- Jason Behrendorff to Royal Challengers Bangalore 75lakh
- Glenn Maxwell Retained by Royal Challengers Bangalore 14 Crore
- Marcus Stoinis picked by Lucknow Super Giants before IPL Auction
Follow IPL 2022 LIVE Updates with InsideSport.IN
– Advertisement –